WHY NIGERIA TRAVEL WEEK?
- To help nurture healthy leisure lifestyles & change the ‘Nigerian’ perception that travel is luxury.
- To promote domestic tourism in Nigeria and thus ensure a proper balance in the ‘Africans travelling Africa’ campaign on the continent
- To change the media and general narrative of Nigeria as a “Boko Haram and Corruption Country” to a Rich Ecotourism & Cultural Tourism Destination
- To achieve 20% of Nigerians travelling Nigeria in 5 years
- To create 2,000,000 direct and indirect jobs by 2022
COMMUNICATION (Who Do We Want to Know About NTW)
- Travel increases creativity, boosts health, improves satisfaction and happiness.
- Nigeria as a destination worth first consideration for leisure and short breaks
- Travelling Nigeria & Africa helps fight poverty in Nigeria and on the African continent
To the International Public
- Nigeria as a destination with unique tourism attractions and an array of tourism investment opportunities
NOVELTY OF NIGERIA TRAVEL WEEK
- Massive campaign to get Nigerians to travel Nigeria
- Attendees of about 5,000 people over a week
- To generate buzz and discussions on domestic tourism
- To get Nigeria trending for the right reasons over 10 days
- To publicize destinations around Nigeria
- To help in data collation of travellers and tourism statistics in Nigeria
- To create awareness of the benefits of travel in-country and on the continent
EVENT – NIGERIA TRAVEL WEEK
- VENUES : Wheat baker Hotel, Freedom Park, Ikoyi Club, Lekki Leisure Lake, Federal Palace Hotel
- DEMOGRAPHICS : Primary 25-45 years
Secondary 46-65 years
NIGERIA TRAVEL WEEK ACTIVITIES
- Media (Radio & TV) Tour
- Familiarization Tours
- The Travel Roundtable
- The Tourism Cup (Golf)
- Village Square
- Travel Hangout
- Nigeria Tourism Awards
Create awareness and excitement about Nigeria Travel Week
- Cool FM Group – Cool FM, WAZOBIA, Nigeria Info; Classic FM; Inspiration FM
- TVC; Channels; Silverbird; AIT; NTA; StarTimes; DSTV
Selected Tour Operators, Travel Agents, Travel Bloggers, Travel Photographers and Travel Media will embark on familiarization tours of Nigerian ecotourism and cultural attractions.
Participants will be 50 international delegates from 24 countries including Algeria, Australia, Botswana, Brazil, Chile, China, Cyprus, Ethiopia, Ghana, Hungary, India, Israel, Kenya, Mozambique, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, UK, US, and Zambia.
FAMILIARIZATION TOURS OPTIONS
- There are 5 options to choose from as follows:
- 20th – 23rd November 2017 – ECOTOUR – Gems of the South West – Idanre Hills, Akure, Ikogosi Warm Springs, Arinta Waterfalls, Olumirin Waterfalls, Agodi Gardens, Olumo Rock.
- 20th – 23rd November 2017 – CULTURAL TOUR – Iconic South – Benin City, Palace of the Oba of Benin, Igun Arts, Chief Ogiamen Palace, Benin Moats, National Museum, Palace of the Ooni of Ife, Oranmiyan Staff, Ife Museum.
- 20th – 23rd November 2017 – Classic Lagos – Badagry Heritage Museum, Seriki Abass Slave Barracoons, Point of No Return, National Museum, Tafawa Balewa Square, Freedom Park, Terra Kulture, Lekki Conservation Centre, National Theatre.
- 26th – 29th November 2017 – ECOTOUR – Paradise Trail – Obudu Mountain Resort, Agbokim Waterfalls, Nike Lake Resort, Ngwo Waterfalls, Awhum Waterfalls.
- 26th – 29th November 2017 – CULTURAL TOUR – Majestic North – Palace of the Emir of Kano, Gidan Makama Museum, Kofar Mata Dyeing Pits, Kano Textile Market, Abuja City Tour.
The Travel Roundtable
The Wheatbaker, Ikoyi. Thursday, 23 November 2017 (To be streamed LIVE)
Two sessions where tourism professionals, stakeholders and policy makers discuss the development of tourism in Nigeria.
Moderator – Mr Oluwaseyi Adegoke-Adeyemo, Publisher of Inside Watch Africa (IWA)
Keynote Address – Mr Folorunsho Folarin-Coker, DG, Nigerian Tourism Development Corporation (NTDC)
- First Session: Leveraging Tourism For a Vibrant & Sustainable Economy
Panelists include: Anthony Shishler, Waturi Wa Matu, Didier Bayeye, Jemi Alade, Efetobo Awhana
- Second Session: National Carrier & Tourism Development: Costs versus Benefits
Panelists include: Prof Wolfgang Thome, Capt. Fola Akinkuotu, Alex Nwuba, Toni Ukachukwu
The Tourism Cup – GOLF
Ikoyi Club. Wednesday 22 November 2017
We leverage on the power of golf to drive tourism more than any other sport as golfers will travel to play golf and often times experience more than one golf course on any trip.
The Tourism Cup will see golf enthusiasts and tourism industry players network and enjoy a day of golf at the iconic Ikoyi Club Golf Course. hold at the most prestigious Ikoyi Club and will feature Two sessions where tourism professionals, stakeholders and policy makers discuss the development of tourism in Nigeria.
Special Guest Golfers include:
- Ambassador Adamu Emozozo (former Nigerian Ambassador to Brazil, Bolivia & Paraguay)
- Chief Ayo Olumokun (Consultant to Osun Oshogbo & Olojo Festivals)
- Mr Gbenga Olowo (President, Sabre Travel Network Nigeria)
Village Square – Celebration of Nigerian Culture
Freedom Park @ 5.00PM. Friday, 24 November 2017
- SETTING – Typical local Nigerian village square, with all guests role-playing villagers dressed in local attires
- DRAMA & DANCE – Traditional drama and dance presentations
- FOOD – Ofada rice, Pounded Yam, Asaro, Amala, Tuwo, Jollof rice, Afang, Banga and Starch, Pepper Soup, Suya
- DRINKS- Kunu, Fura, Zobo, Palmwine, Tigernut etc
- LOCAL SNACKS – Guguru, Groundnut, Bole, Dodo Ikire, Ipekere, Donkua, Ukwa, Masa, Kokoro
- OTHER TRADITIONAL OFFERINGS – Bitter Kola, Kolanuts, Okwoji, Garden egg, Alligator pepper, Ube
Travel Hangout – Social Mixer Event for Tourism
Lekki Conservation Centre @ 10.00AM. Saturday, 25 November 2017.
The Travel Hangout is a social mixer event holding at the popular nature conservation park, Lekki Conservation Centre. It will attract young trendy socially mobile individuals and families to hangout and learn about tourism in Nigeria whilst also enjoying a key tourist attraction itself, LCC.
- SETTING – Nature park with serene, laid-back family friendly setting
- AUDIENCE – Individuals & Families looking for a fun weekend activity will be able to learn about tourism attractions and tour products/services from select exhibitors
- ACTIVITIES – Lots of games and activities including 5-aside football, volleyball, chess, scrabble, ludo, ayo, MeWalk (our fun trendy version of the catwalk) etc
- FOOD & DRINKS- BBQ, Small chops, various drinks etc
Nigeria Tourism Awards – The Balearica
Federal Palace Hotel. Saturday, 25 November 2017 (To be streamed LIVE)
The first verified awards for the Nigerian tourism industry. Awards selection process to be verified by reputable auditing firm. Votes will be by the industry and general public with winners revealed on the day of the awards by the auditing firm.
The awards statuettes – called the Balearica – are gold plated aluminium statuettes of a stylized design of the Crowned Crane. The Black Crowned Crane (balearica pavonina) is the national bird of Nigeria.
This classy event will host the who is who in tourism and all related industries including travel and aviation, entertainment, fashion, arts, music, as well as government officials and policy makers.
SPONSORS & PARTNERS
Efetobo Awhana Donald Ullah
No 1, Sunday Ogunyade Street, Behind Mobil Petrol Station, Gbagada Phase II, Lagos, Nigeria