REDEEMING THE TIME BY RESCUING THE LOST (Eph. 5:15)
The present time we are in is very crucial because we are in the last times. Many are dying both young and old; the love of Christians is going cold. The coming of the Lord is at hand and so we should not be in the dark. We need to question ourselves of what would be the lot of those who are yet to be saved.
Reasons for rescuing the lost include the following:
- Many are dying daily without the knowledge of Christ, (Heb. 9:27). When a man dies, his destiny is already settled. Praying for the dead is a waste of time and is done out of ignorance and lack of understanding.
- It is a mandate that must be obeyed, Matt (28:19-20).
- There is need to stop people from the path of hell (Matt. 11:12). There is no need to hold back because time is going.
- Judgment of GOD is coming on the sinner.
The things we need and are required to do to fulfill this mandate are:
- Compassion for sinners, Matt. 9:36. People without Christ are suffering.
- There should be concern in prayers for the lost (Eze. 22:30).
- Consistent daily Christian living. Living a character that is self-convincing and attractive. Thereby people come to Christ (Acts 4:13, 11:26). The disciples were seen as behaving like Christ so must we portray Him.
- Passion for preaching (Acts 8:5-8). Joy comes when you preach the gospel.
- Generous donation to the preaching of the gospel (Acts 4:37). Learn to give to the work of the gospel. When the souls are brought in, they should be assimilated.
The following rewards await those who preach the gospel.
- Soul winners experience joy of service.
- They are free of the guilt of the blood of those who refuse to receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- They will shine like stars throughout eternity (Dan. 12:3).
- They would receive crown (2 Tim. 4:8, 1 Pt. 5:4).
- They would inherit eternal kingdom that is incomparable with this world glory which if fading away.
In conclusion, this is the time to go full swing to save sinners in our neighborhood. There is no need for delay, the time is very short. We are to preach the gospel of Christ in word and deed.