SERENA WILLIAMS EATS DOG FOOD AT ITALIAN OPEN
– World No.1 Serena Williams had gone a little ill after eating her dog’s food hours before she faced and defeated American Christina McHale in the second round of the ongoing Italian Open.
– Williams had afterwards progressed to the quarter finals of the tournament.
World No.1 Serena Williams had gone a little ill after eating her dog’s food hours before she faced and defeated American Christina McHale in the second round of the ongoing Italian Open.
The world number one tried had done the ridiculous after swallowing “a spoonful” of food meant for her dog Chip before beating fellow American Christina McHale in straight sets in Rome.
Commenting after her victory, Williams said “I thought ‘what the heck, I’m gonna try a piece, it looks good.’’
“Fast forward two hours – I just ran to the toilet like I thought I was going to pass out.”
She has revealed in a video posted on Snapchat before the game that she sampled a dish of chicken and rice offered on a ‘doggy menu’ at her hotel.
“It did taste weird,” she said. “I force-swallowed it. It tasted kind of like house cleaner. I don’t know what they put in these dog foods, but Chip liked it.
“I don’t think it’s consumable for humans – they should have wrote that! So now I feel really sick. It was just a spoonful but I don’t feel so good.”
Meanwhile, Williams recovered in time to defeat McHale 7-6 (9-7) 6-1 and set up a meeting with Svetlana Kuznetsova – who beat fellow Russian Daria Gavrilova – in the last eight.