– Know more about the Louis Vuitton brand
– Some random and interesting facts about the history of Louis Vuitton
Louis Vuitton Facts
Louis Vuitton is a designer brand that not only speaks style and class, but also quality and durability. Anyone one who owns a LV piece has reason to be proud of it and those that aspire to own one are not wrong either. But there are stories behind the Louis Vuitton brand that may not be seen in the finished product.
Here some interesting facts about Louis Vuitton:
1. Louis Vuitton started the profession of trunk making at the age of sixteen. He founded the company in 1854 in Paris.
2. Louis Vuitton was once a personal box-maker and packer for Napoleon’s wife.
3. Louis Vuitton’s son came up with the now well-known Louis Vuitton Monogram (three floral motifs and the LV initials inter-laid) as means dealing with ever increasing counterfeits.
4. Louis Vuitton has five boutiques in Nevada; all in the same street of the same city!
5. LV’s largest luxury boutique covers over 1,800 squares meters of space, at 101 avenue des Champs-Elysées, Paris. It shut down for renovation for about two years.
6. Louis Vuitton gives away bags to lucky members of the press before its collection get to the runway and during Christmas.
7. Audrey Hepburn took to the popularity of the LV Speedy which was launched 1930, to another level in the 60s. She requested a custom-made version of the travel case which was initially known as Express and this made the collection super famous. Available in different sizes, a classic Speedy now costs about $2,650.
8. Louis Vuitton bags are rigorously tested; the mechanism for testing is that they are dropped to the ground from a height of about half a meter for a duration of about four days, packed with a three and a half kilograms weight.
9. LV jewellery bracelets are not left out of rigorous testing either; the charms of the bracelet are dangled on mechanized mannequin hands and shaken well to ensure that none of it falls off.
10. The LV Alma is one of the most sought after Louis Vuitton bags; it was the only bag Chanel ever carried outside her own collection.
11. At the end of every season, all items left unsold (apart from those given to SAs and employees of the company), all Louis Vuitton shoes and bags are shredded or burnt at its factory in France.