THE REDEEMED OF GOD
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
1 Peter 1:18
Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;
And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
The background of all men has impacted negatively on them, since Adam sinned, life has not been the same. Outside of Adam, even our own direct forefathers have further compounded matters by various dedications and covenant which they got themselves entangled in as well as their children hence bringing them into unforeseen spiritual difficulty.
God made one single move in our favor and every single entanglement of hell upon our lives came to a permanent end, He redeemed us.
What does this mean to redeem?
To redeem means to buy back, or to reclaim. We were once God’s, we turned our backs on Him and became salves to the devil, suffering all forms of oppression, but God in His great mercy redeemed us back to Himself.
We are redeemed by the precious blood of Jesus Christ. That is the price of our redemption 1Peter 1:18.
A thing is redeemed according to the value of that thing: meaning the amount paid to redeem an item is the amount equal to the value of the item. This means your worth before God is the precious blood of Jesus Christ, notice the adjective “Precious” the blood of Jesus Christ is precious indeed, He is sinless, holy and He is God.
The precious is only needed to purchase the precious; this means you are precious in God’s sight. The Redeemed of God is precious to God.
How precious is the Redeemed of God to God?
- Precious enough for God to come by Himself to pay the price for them, He did not send an angel. Isaiah 9 :6
- Precious enough for the price for their redemption to be the precious blood of Jesus Christ. 1Peter 1:18
- Precious enough for God to contend and defeat the devil to get them back. 1John 3:8
- Precious enough for God to joyfully accept them whenever they come back to Him by accepting the finished work of Jesus Christ. Luke 15:7
- Precious enough for God to forever silent any and every accusation and condemnation levelled against them; Justifying them. Romans 8:1,33
- Precious enough for God to position them in a very special place every close to Himself; they are seated together with Christ at the right hand of God, far above (from the reach) of principalities and powers. Ephesians 2:6
- Precious enough for God to want to keep them forever.
The redeemed of God is God’s priced beloved treasure, which He is very jealous about because it cost Almighty a very great deal to get them.
Who then is the redeemed of God?
Anyone who accept Jesus Christ as his Lord and personal saviour.
Once you accepts Jesus Christ you become one of the precious ones of God; the Redeemed of God.
There is no need to delay, become one of God’s treasures today, accept Jesus Christ now!
By Pastor Ehidiamen E.
God’s Love Christian Ministry