TWO YEARS AFTER CHIBOK GIRLS WERE KIDNAPPED, OSINBAJO SAYS NO RETURN

TWO YEARS AFTER CHIBOK GIRLS WERE KIDNAPPED, OSINBAJO SAYS NO RETURN

165
0
SHARE
epa04186882 Protesters take part in a 'million-woman march' in the Nigerian capital Abuja over the government's failure to rescue scores of schoolgirls kidnapped by Boko Haram Islamists, in Abuja, Nigeria, 30 April 2014. The Islamist group Boko Haram has been blamed for abducting the girls from their school in Chibok, Borno state over two weeks ago. Boko Haram has been resposible for violence over the past four years in its demand for Islamic rule in northern Nigeria. EPA/DEJI YAKE

– TWO YEARS AFTER CHIBOK GIRLS WERE KIDNAPPED, OSINBAJO SAYS NO RETURN

– No time frame for the return of the Chibok Girls

– Today makes it two years and no hope in sight for the girls

TWO YEARS AFTER CHIBOK GIRLS WERE KIDNAPPED, OSINBAJO SAYS NO RETURN

Yesterday while addressing a group of Civil society organisations and the Diplomats at a forum on vulnerable people and conflict situation in Nigeria, the Vice-President of Nigeria Professor Osinbajo said that there is no time frame for the return of the Chibok Girls.

TWO YEARS AFTER CHIBOK GIRLS WERE KIDNAPPED, OSINBAJO SAYS NO RETURN
Vice-President of Nigeria Osinbajo

Today in the history of the country would make it two years that the holocaust happened on the soil of the country. the 219 Girls were adopted from a Government secondary school in April 14-15 2014.

The vice president assured Nigerians that everything humanly possible. He however, assured Nigerians that everything needed to be done to ensure the release of the girls has been implemented.

However, he further expressed to the group that the conflict in the country and so many vulnerable attacks has not made the retrieval of her citizens possible.

He however admonished Nigerians to be patient and give the government more time in solving this crisis the country is currently facing. He further expressed that Nigerians should guard their utterances and trust in the security Agencies that have been deployed into the search.

Osinbajo said right now, the government cannot put a time frame on the return of the kidnapped Girls from their dormitory.

He urged Nigerians to guard their utterances, be patient and trust the security agencies which he said ” We are working hard to ensure the liberation of all Nigeria’s territory and also free all hostages including the girls”.

YOU SHOULD READ THIS:  Billionaire, Dangote plans to buy Arsenal football club

According to Channels News, Vice- President also urged civil rights advocates to also begin to hold states and local governments’ authorities more accountable because the Federal Government alone could not tackle socio-economic needs of the people.

TWO YEARS AFTER CHIBOK GIRLS WERE KIDNAPPED, OSINBAJO SAYS NO RETURN

The event was organised by the office of the National Security Adviser to mark the second year anniversary of the abduction of over 219 schoolgirls in Chibok, Borno State.

A victim of Boko Haram insurgency in the north-east, Fatimoh Hammed, could not hold her emotions back, as she recalls her experience in the hands of the terrorists and what life has become for her and many others like her since then.

Some members of some civil society groups, who had visited Chibok and Biu in Borno State to aid the displaced persons as a result of the insurgency, also shared their experiences.

They want the government to match its words with action, by taking immediate steps to ameliorate the immediate needs of the victims and put in place a long term plan for the rehabilitation of the displaced persons and ensure the speedy return of the abducted school girls.

Recently, the United Nations Children’s Fund have doubted the return of the Chibok Girls as majority of the suicide bombers used after the abduction are majorly girls.

According to a report, it was seen that one in every five “suicide bombers” used by Boko Haram in the past two years has been a child.

TWO YEARS AFTER CHIBOK GIRLS WERE KIDNAPPED, OSINBAJO SAYS NO RETURN