Ways of Knowing the Will of GOD (Rom. 8:14, Prov. 20:27)
- Spiritual reasonableness, Acts 15:28. Here, the Holy Ghost weighs it & you too weigh it. From spiritual training & exercises, the mind can be trained to discern between good & evil. Such a person can be able to detect issues that make spiritual sense, Heb. 5:14. Your sense can be developed by reason of use & maturity to be able to discern between god & evil. It’s also confirmed with the inner witness. It should also confirm with the Word of GOD
- Perfect dream, Job 33:14-16. This is as accurate as an open vision or trance. Here, you don’t need any further interpretation. It’s as strange as real. All the characters in the perfect dream will be plain to you. The secrets hidden will be open, Gen. 20:2-10.
- Parable dream, Gen. 41:14-35. These are dreams that are full of parables & figures of speech. There are objects of different interpretations in it as in the case of Pharaoh. Ask GOD to interpret it to you if this occurs as there is no definite formula for it every time.
- Nightmares, Dan. 4:5. Out of Mercy, GOD could allow us to see plans of satanic agents against us or our loved ones. When this becomes frequent, ask for appropriate spiritual help. Don’t just get carried away, ask GOD to help you & reveal tings to you. Don’t just dismiss it, pray about it & take appropriate steps.
- Spiritual alarm. Occasionally, the Holy Ghost may quicken or motivate a believer to experience temporary lack of peace into spiritual intercession without physical reason or evidence. Don’t dismiss it. If you obey the prompting to pray, the danger may be averted, Matt. 26:37-39. Don’t dismiss the alarm but go to pray. You can even pray in tongues. Many calamities will be avoided by this.
- Word of Wisdom, 1Cor. 12:8. Through this, GOD reveals something about the future which can lead us to take a good decision in the present time. It’s a revelation of the future. GOD can deposit this gift in every believer. Spending more time in prayers can help develop this.
- Word of Knowledge. It is a revelation of spiritual & vital information about a past event, a person, place, or situation that can help us to know what GOD wants us to do in a particular situation. It is given to us as believers to guide us & is applicable in business, domestic issues, etc & not just for pastors, Ps. 23:1-5.